Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lots of things to learn

There are still lots of things to work on:

1.  I need to allow the user to choose if executing a jar (to add the -jar option)
2.  I need a field to choose the actual jar to execute or the class with the main function to run
3.  I should add paths for clojure, jython, jruby, scala, etc
4.  All these settings need to be saved to a database (HSQLDB)
5.  The settings should be savable with tags
6.  Have to come up with a repl-socket-server  (clojure.contrib.server-socket)
7.  I'd like to create a jython remote repl also
8.  Given the configuration, it should generate a launch script
9.  Integrate with leiningen/cake by reading a project.clj file

In other words, I've got loads to do.  My knowledge of SQL is pretty weak, so another big challenge will be learning HSQLDB on top of everything else.  I'm not a swing guru either, so I am basically reading up on Swing as I go.

Since there is so much configuration information going on, I'll probably have to separate them out in tab panels or as dialogs that popup from a menu action.  Even though I am going the database route to hold the settings, I still should probably save a particular instance to a file.  Since this IS Clojure, and data is code, I want to save the config info as clojure code.

No comments:

Post a Comment