Sunday, November 28, 2010

Introduction

It's been quite awhile since I have done any blogging.  I used to do quite a bit while I was active on MySpace a few years ago, but I haven't posted a blog in probably a year, and maybe only half a dozen in two years.


The majority of my last few blogs had been about either politics or Buddhism, and predominately about Buddhism.  But one of the main reasons I stopped writing blogs is that I felt I couldn't say anything anymore.  I started feeling, quite honestly, like a fool.  Buddhism is something that must be experienced and practiced, not explained or studied.


But I have of late felt an itch to write again.  My real desire was to blog about programming topics, something that I very rarely did before, mainly because my audience (my friends) weren't programmers themselves.  I may even start writing some of my thoughts or experiences with Buddhism again, if only for myself (as evidenced by the title of my blog).   I have however learned an important lesson in my practice: do not try to be understood by others.


I may also talk about some other non-program related things, like getting back in shape, history, or a few other issues.  One topic I will try to avoid however is politics.  When I was younger, my grandfather once said "There are three things you don't talk about in polite company; politics, religion or women".  I don't mind talking about religion, and I may continue to do so, but politics is just too depressing to talk about.


But who knows...I can only say that I will write about what interests or concerns me, not just as a programmer, but more importantly, as a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment